HyperSpectrum is a client-server application which is indeed, a regular power spectrum analyzer, but it also offers many smart additionnal features, that others do not:
- real-time display of PSD traces and waterfall, keeping track of events for tens of seconds,
- track average, min and max traces,
- mask creation and control,
- scan over hundreds of MHz or smartly jump from transponder to transponder.
- automatic carriers detection and tracking,
- real time estimates of RF parameters of all carriers (fc, bandwidth, level, SNR . . . ),
- focus on a specified carrier and track its QoS (constellation, Eb/N0, CuC detection . . . ).
NovaGrid also provides its own client, free of charge, as an interesting example that has grown up over the years. The main features of this client are:
- follows up to 1000 carriers and stores all detected parameters,
- displays time evolution and statistics of SNR, frequency, bandwidth . . . of a selected carrier,
- mask creation driven both by PSD history and carriers detections,
- apply mask and track outliers in a tri-state waterfall,
- focus on a specified carrier and track its QoS (constellation, Eb/N0, CuC detection . . . ),
- detect intermittent carriers using display persistence.